Saturday, December 18, 2010

Weed Whacking 101

Can you believe it ? I found my way out and had to think for a moment until I remembered my password to log in and see how much Blogger had changed in the last month and then some. I feel funny with this window in front of me ......I started to head here many times in the past month and a half but something stopped me every time - that feeling of being overwhelmed mainly. Not that that is a unique feeling at this time of year - I just started a little early I suppose - must be the over achiever in me huh? lol
Are you even a little bit curious about how I found my way back out of the weeds? Well I can't claim to be completely free of them in all honesty, but I did make it this far and the fine looking piece of machinery pictured above had nothing to do with it. My greatest tool, weapon, piece of equipment, etc. was quite simply where I should have looked from the get go and where I should have been all along, for if I had, the weeds would have been nothing more than passing scenery...............simple right? Obvious I know, BUT......how bad did things have to get before I was clutching in desperation to the instruction manual I needed from the Maker of my soul? They got bad , and they didn't get better right away either. I was running on fumes, fumes of fumes perhaps. I don't even know how or why it started I just know that I wasn't aware of it until I was pretty far gone - not the point of no return, because if we are in Him there is no such place - PTL, but I bet I was a block or two away.
When I did some soul searching and followed the advice of a reader by laying it all out to God and asking Him which things He would have me do, some things no longer seemed as critical, I was able to draw a deeper slower breath on occasion.
I was still praying and getting in the word sporadically, but not every day, when I made the commitment to do just that - every day, when I humbled myself and laid it at His feet every day, that was when I felt the shift and the change taking place.
We know what we need to do and I have asked it out loud more times than I could count - Why is it so hard to do the things that we know are good for us ? I don't have the answer other than to say that the ruler of this place in which we dwell is the enemy of our soul and he does not desire our best, he will in fact do everything he can to steal, kill and destroy John 10:10.
For now, I am giving Thanks, I am working on getting filled, refueled, recharged and ready for the excitement and blessings that the next few weeks of Christmas and New Years will hold.
May I make a suggestion.......don't allow yourself to fall prey to the busyness and pressures that are rampant at this time of year - make time for Him and with Him every day, you will find that if you do, He will make sure you have time to do all you need to and maybe even a little time for some of the wants as well ;-)

2 comments:

Jess said...

I'm got only one word for this post and for you....YAY!!!!!!!! :)

~Jess

Marsha said...

Wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very Merry CHRISTmas!

Swidget 1.0 7