Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mountain Moving Wanted

I read in a book (which one escapes me) a few years ago that if you pray for something consistently everyday for 6 weeks you will see God move in that area.  I have a problem, I take it to God and He answers my prayer.  This is the theory of how it is supposed to work right?  And truly, I believe that it does work just that way - with one cavet - we have to be faithful to take it to God.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one have a hard time with the consistency part of the equation.  I am so faithful to pray fervently when the battle is in full swing, or when something is new, but as I grow battle weary or something moves to the status of old news I, sadly,  admittedly lose my fervor.  My follow through is lacking to put it plain.So...I have a problem or in an effort to speak life over it, an opportunity....a big one ......and without God there is no way through it.  I need for God to move in a mighty way.  In turning this over in my mind recently and trying to figure out how to 'fix it' in my own might I recalled the 6 week challenge I had read about in the past (if you know the source - please help a gal out and post it in the comments - merci).  I have 6 weeks, God willing and in this particular situation only good things to gain.  By posting about it, I am seeking to be both accountable and encouraging.  August 9th, 2012 is 6 weeks from today.  Won't you join me in this?  We all have big needs or know someone who does,  but we serve a big God who loves us in big ways.  Big needs are everywhere today - pick one and pray with me for the next 6 weeks....daily.
This song by Rita Springer stirred me to the depths the first time I ever heard it....lately it has become an anthem of sorts.....

He can move my mountain, He can move your mountain too......the anticipation of mountain moving, share it with me won't you?

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 7