Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcoming New Beginnings

It has been many years since I have welcomed the change of year as I have this year. Not because 2007 was horrible and I couldn't wait for it to be over, but because 2008 whispers of so much promise that the anticipation has had me ready to burst! The number 8 is the number of new beginnings and this is the year I feel like God's timing will deliver promises that I have stood on for many years. We brought the New Year in at home last night over a lovely, elegant, prime rib dinner and I want you to take a look at how beautiful it was.......













.....now unfortunately by the time it was cooked and the smell had us in a trance it was not a priority to get another picture. I did however get a shot of the beautiful punch bowl cake that we had with coffee and a few rounds of Whoonu ( a great family friendly game by Cranium) after our wonderful meal. This was so pretty we almost didn't want to eat it, but we got over that pretty quickly - it actually tasted better than it looks ;-)



So the food was fantastic, the candlelight and the beautiful table made the evening the feel so special, my favorite part of the night however was during dinner when we started something that I hope will become an annual New Year's Eve tradition. I read somewhere recently that a great way to instill a love of learning in your kids is to live it out in front of them so I asked my guys about a week ago to think of 3 things that they would like to learn more about in 2008 and be prepared to share them with each other on New Year's Eve. It was such an enjoyable time as we talked about the things that we thought the others might choose and then got to hear from each other and share our plans for what the year ahead would hold for us all. The outcome was as follows - The Principal wants to learn more about American History,Wilderness /Survivalist Camping and Adventure (I have to be honest - this one scares me just a little!!) and he desires to grow closer to our Heavenly Father as he learns to hear and recognize His voice and how He moves in his life in 2008. Wonder Boy at the ripe old age of 6 wants to learn more about "doing camping stuff by himself ", he wants to learn "handyman" things from The Principal and last but certainly not least says that he wants to "do research up on the true real story of Jesus' Crucifixion". I am forever learning and always adding to my list of things that I want to know more about so coming up with just 3 was a big challenge - my short list was learning more about nutrition - learning to include my new Christmas grain mill into our daily lives as well as replacing unhealthy habits with healthy life changing good ones for both me and my guys. My 2nd choice is to learn more about dreams - understanding how God speaks to us through our dreams as well as learning to interpret dreams. And last but certainly not least is to learn more about blogging !! I have desired to have a blog up and running for probably all of 2007 and beyond and so to actually have one up is a big deal for me - I hope I do not disappoint you Dear Readers in 2008........so let the blogging begin!!

Happy New Year and God Bless !!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 7